The 7th Philippine Electric Vehicle Summit, with the theme “Electric Vehicles: Modernizing the Transportation Landscape, Driving Sustainable Growth,” kicked off yesterday at the SMX Convention Center, Mall of Asia Complex, Pasay City.
“We are highly encouraged by the support we are getting from major automotive manufacturers. which is a very strong indication that our transportation sector is slowly but steadily transitioning to more modern, energy efficient, greener and sustainable mobility so that we can create cleaner and better cities for our children,” Electric Vehicle Association of the Philippines (eVAP) President Edmund A. Araga said.
“Accelerating our country’s transition to fossil free driving would require, more than ever, the help of our academic institutions in terms of research, innovation, industry linkage, training, among others. That’s why this year, we are launching the eVAP Academe Chapter to help close the knowledge gap that is holding back our countrymen from choosing electric vehicles and to help our local EV industry address the barriers to widespread EV adoption,” added Mr. Araga
The eVAP president stated that the E-Mobility Award is being relaunched to recognize organizations and individuals for their outstanding contributions to the realization of eVAP’s vision and mission through successful EV deployments, advocacy efforts, or through innovations aiming for the simplification and increase of electrification process.
Last year, the 6th PEVS gathered over 1,000 participants from industry key players across the value chain as well as policy makers, regulators, academe, transport companies, utilities, and end users. Foreign delegates from over a dozen countries have seen their network grow by participating in the event.
This year’s highlights include the following:
- Current efforts on establishing a national regulatory framework for the use of electric vehicles and the establishment of charging stations;
- Presentation on E-Mobility Solutions to be led by Nissan Motor Corporation Ltd. and Mitsubishi Motors Corporation;
- Plenary sessions on developing the Philippine EV industry, addressing the EV infrastructure challenge and learning from abroad on building a robust EV ecosystem for the country;
- Presentations on successful EV deployments in the country;
- EV exhibition showcasing the latest trends in e-mobility solutions;
- Launching of the EVAP Academe Chapter; and
- EV test drive sessions to provide delegates with an opportunity to have hands-on EV experience