On March 12 and 13, Salcedo Auctions will begin their auction season with three auctions that cater to a wide range of collectors and connoisseurs.
Philippine Tribal and Ethnographic Art will go under the hammer at 10am on March 12 with lots that include rare Ifugao bululs, Hapao carvings and fine weaponry and shields.
At 2PM on March 12, the internationally-recognized auction house will conduct the ‘Important Philippine Art’ sale, with over 100 lots of fine specimens of our country’s artistic culture. The main highlights include the historical 1928 Casas de Pescadores en Tondo by Fabian de la Rosa, a rare oil on canvas by Carlos ‘Botong’ Francisco entitled Gethsemene from 1958, and a provocative triptych from Geraldine Javier, Blood Type C (Catholic), Major Major G (Guilt) from 2011.
Exciting pieces in the sale also include fascinating contemporary art such as the otherworldly Big Fish by Rodel Tapaya, 2010 and two graphic early frottages from Lee Aguinaldo. Among the unique offerings are two early Sanso’s from his Paris period in the 60s featuring an eerie landscape of baklads, a modernist watercolor from Ang Kiukok of vendors with two carabaos on the verso from 1957, two large oils on canvas also by Ang Kiukok – White Fish on Blue, 1987 and Harvest, 2001.
March 13 at 2PM is dedicated to the ‘Fine Jewelry & Timepieces’ sale that include scintillating pieces from Audemars Piguet, Bvlgari, Cartier, Jaeger LeCoultre, Patek Philippe, Rolex, Tiffany & Co. and Vacheron Constantin among others. Once again, Salcedo Auctions assembles a strong vintage Rolex sport watch collection featuring extremely desirable pieces from a Submariner reference 5513 with complete documentation, a GMT “Pepsi” 16700, a Steve McQueen Explorer II, and an exceptional Vintage Daytona reference 6265 with a rare sigma dial accompanied by box, papers, and service history. Models from the Day-Date collection, modern Daytonas, and other offerings from the brand will surely cater to a wide range of collectors.
Exceptional timepieces from Patek Philippe are showcased in this sale including a Grand Complication Perpetual Calendar reference 5140, a limited edition reference 5712 Nautilus, and two very important Calatrava models: a reference 2508 and a reference 3445. Jeweled ladies watches are also present in this sale with three diamond encrusted watches from the house of Cartier and a piece by international jeweler Maria Gaspari.
Spectacular jewelry pieces from Bvlgari will go under the hammer such as a pair of tourmaline, peridot and diamond earclips set in 18k yellow gold, a cultured pearl and gem-set ‘Gancio’ necklace, and a ‘Tubogas’ lapis lazuli bangle and ring set. Fine pieces from Cartier and Tiffany & Co. are also part of the lineup. Also in the sale is a selection of unique pieces such as a pair of white and yellow diamond chandelier earrings, a five-strand brilliant and emerald cut diamond bracelet totaling 20.58 cts, an Art Deco blue sapphire and diamond ring and an approximately 20 ct oval cabochon emerald and diamond ring. Several excellent solitaire diamond rings of different cuts and carats will also be offered that can cater to a wide range of tastes and styles.
Preview is ongoing at Three Salcedo Place until Friday, 11 March, 2016, 10am-6pm. Important Philippine Art and Fine Jewelry and Timepieces are presented with major partner Credit Suisse and media partner Philippine Tatler. The online catalogue is available at salcedoauctions.com. Inquiries +632 6594094 / 8230956 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carlos ‘Botong’ Francisco, Gethsemene, 1958, PHP 9,000,000–11,000,000
- Fabian de la Rosa, Casas de Pescadores en Tondo, 1928, PHP 1,800,000–2,000,000
- Romulo Olazo, Mini-Diaphanous #695 (Anthuriums), PHP 40,000–45,000
- Ang Kiukok, White Fish in Blue, 1981, PHP 3,000,000–3,300,000
- Ang Kiukok, Harvest, 2001, PHP 3,000,000–3,300,000
- Mauro Malang Santos, Scapularyo I, 1973, PHP 600,000–650,000
- J. Elizalde Navarro, The Seasons Four, 1975, PHP 600,000–650,000
- Jose Joya, Passage into Night, 1965, PHP 3,500,000–3,800,000
- Juvenal Sansó, Untitled, Undated (c. 1960s), PHP 150,000–170,000
- Geraldine Javier, Blood Type C (Catholic), Major Major G (Guilt), 2011
- Alfonso Ossorio, The Couple, 1950, PHP 2,600,000–2,800,000
- HUBLOT, Limited Edition Big Bang Ferrari Carbon Chronograph Ref. 401.CQ.0129.VR, 45mm, Circa 2013, PHP 600,000–750,000
- PANERAI, A Limited Edition Radiomir 1938 Ref. PAM00232, 47mm, Serial No. BB1214709, Circa 2006, PHP 370,000–420,000
- PATEK PHILIPPE, An Impressive and Rare Grand Sovereign Clock Complication, PHP 800,000–1,000,000
- CARTIER, An Elegant Ladies Tank Americaine with Fully Pavé Diamond Set Case and Bracelet, PHP 2,000,000–2,500,000
- ARMAND NICOLET, A Fine Limited Edition Skeleton Watch Ref. 7140S-AG-P714MR2, 43mm, PHP 280,000–400,000
- ROLEX, A Rare and Collectable Vintage Cosmograph Daytona “Big Red” Sigma Dial Ref. 6265, 37mm, Serial No. 6223745, Circa 1979, PHP 1,200,000–1,600,000
- ULYSEE NARDIN, A Unique GMT Perpetual Ref. 326-22/31, 38.5mm, PHP 700,000–800,000
- PATEK PHILIPPE, An Elegant and Rare Ultra Thin Perpetual Calendar Grand Complication Ref. 5140J-001, 37.2mm, Circa 2007, PHP 2,500,000–2,800,000
- ROLEX, A Rare Vintage Submariner Ref. 5513, 40mm, Serial No. 2390860, Circa 1967, PHP 300,000–340,000
- SEIKO A Collectable Grand Seiko Hi-Beat 36000 Ref. 6145-8000, 36mm, Serial No. 970021, PHP 240,000–280,000