Brought about by winning numerous World Rally Championship titles (WRC) from the 90’s to the 2000’s has made every generation of the factory homologated Subaru Impreza STi a must-have car for plenty of performance car enthusiasts worldwide. Something Mark Anton David knows fully well as he is no stranger to cars. Having been an enthusiast since the ‘90s, Mark has competed in competitions here and there, even winning the 1995 Trans Sport Show with his 1994 Honda Civic EG Hatchback. Mark says he’s a Honda enthusiast as well, owning a couple of different Civics from the EG to the SiR, and more recently when the FD came out. But aside from Honda’s, Mark has always been fascinated with the Subaru STi’s because of Colin McRae and the different WRC titles the Subaru brand has won throughout the years. Because of that, Mark has always dreamt of owning one.
It was 2014 when destiny happened as Mark was about to purchase a black, local 2007 Subaru Impreza STi (Hawkeye). Coincidentally, he came across a then-stock white Subaru Impreza STi (GRB), which was previously owned by international racecar driver Marlon Stockinger. Because the car was so stock and pristine it was just like it rolled off the showroom floor. Unlike other STi’s Mark came across, which were modified and with questionable reliability. Plus, the fact that this was a locally released STi, he bought it knowing that Motor Image has OEM parts available and tons of aftermarket support.
Another reason why he loved the STi GRB was because it was the only Hatchback STi in the lineup. A few months after he got the car, he had it repainted by Paint Plus Precision painting, using DuPont Cromax urethane paint to retain and restore the original Subaru Aspen White color and finish. He then bought his parts one by one and collected all of them before installing them at the same time. Mark’s STi may be a rally-inspired car, but he makes a point of having it detailed and maintained by Detail Plus Pros regularly, and the same guys prepare his car for each car show he joins. His Subaru STi has currently joined 4 shows around the south and has won a total of 35 awards, and among those 4 shows – 3 best of show awards since February 2017. He is known to have one of the cleanest and freshest STi GRBs in the country. Even winning the Best WRX/STi GRB during the Motul Boxerfest held in Greenhills.
Currently, he is still running on the stock EJ25 factory tune to maintain daily driving reliability with stock internals while still planning what aftermarket parts to get for his engine to go with the custom ECU remap. As Mark says, his STi is still a work in progress and he is looking forward to the upcoming future and what’s in store for his STi.
2008 Subaru Impreza STi Hatch (GRB)
Mark Anton David
- Varis Carbon Fiber Cooling Bonnet, Carbon Fiber Rear WingVaris Front Bumper, Carbon Fiber Under Lip, Carbon Fiber Hyper CanardsVaris Side Skirts, Carbon Fiber Under Boards, Carbon Fiber Side SplittersSTi Exhaust Aluminum Heat Shield, STi R205 Black Fender Ornament
Body & Paint
- Dupont Cromax Aspen White Paint by Paint Plus Precision PaintingCquartz Ceramic Coating by Detail Plus Pros
- Rays Engineering Volk Racing CE28SL Wheels (18×9.5)Rays Engineering Duralumin Lug Nuts, Kyoei 5mm SpacerGT Radial SX2 Tires (265/35/18)
- BR Racing Coilovers V1, Cusco Front Upper Strut Brace
- Brembo STi Calipers and Rotors, Icer Brake Pads
Clutch and Flywheel
- Competition Clutch Pressure Plate and Clutch KitCompetition Clutch Lightened Flywheel
Engine & Cooling System
- Greddy Spectrum Elite Cat Back ExhaustKoyorad Aluminum Radiator, Zero Sports Cool Radiator ShroudZero Sports Cool Action II Intercooler, Zero Sports Belt CoverCusco Battery Tie Down
Electronics and Other Add-Ons
- HKS Turbo Timer, Hella Black Twin Tone Horn, Hella Halogen BulbsSTi Shift Knob, STi Pedals
- Motul 300V Engine Oil, Motul Transmission Oil, Motul Differential OilMotul Brake Fluid, Motul Inugel
Autoplus Sportzentrium, Auto Circuit, Detail Plus ProsElite Project Motorsports, Hazardboy PerformanceMotul Philippines, Paint Plus Precision Painting, Staging Lanes