Food delivery riders are the unsung heroes of the CoViD-19 pandemic. When we’re all cooped inside our houses during the height of the ECQ, or Enhanced Community Quarantine, they offer some semblance of normalcy to the mind numbing monotony of indoor-living by bringing some of our comfort foods right in our doorsteps.
Food delivery riders are considered frontliners, because their services allow people to buy essential stuff like food, groceries, medicines, as well as non-essential things like milk teas, pizza, and burgers, among others, while quarantined inside their houses. Under the new normal, restaurants are prohibited from accepting dine-in customers at full capacity so people are more likely to order food for delivery to their homes and offices by as much as ten-fold.
So if one day you find yourself jobless after the ECQ, don’t lose hope, there are several job opportunities out there for motorcycle riders like you. By becoming a food delivery rider, you not only help promote social distancing, you also help people keep safe from the ever present danger of CoVid-19. It may not be as glamorous as your desk job (if any), but at least you get to earn an honest living while doing what you love– riding your motorcycle.
You can apply as a part-time or as a full time rider-partner. Of course the more deliveries you make in a day, the higher pay you receive. Some full time rider-partners can earn as much as PhP30,000 a month plus other incentives, which is twice the minimum wage in the National Capital Region (NCR). This figure doesn’t include the tips they receive. Angkas Food, GrabFood, Foodpanda, and Lalafood are just some of the popular mobile app food delivery services you can consider if you live in, or near, the NCR. Some major cities in the provinces of Cebu, Davao and Pampanga are also covered by some of these apps, while others are not. So be sure to check first if your locality is covered by the app before applying (Some municipalities not covered by these apps may have their own food delivery services on Facebook). Below is a list of requirements on how to become a rider-partner.
When mobile app based ride-hailing services were suspended during the Luzon-wide ECQ, thousands of motorcycle riders were left without income. To help them, Angkas launched a food delivery service to help their riders earn. As a kind gesture, Angkas says all the proceeds from the delivery fee goes to the riders. No commissions will be deducted, said Angkas. To become an Angkas Food rider you’ll need the following:
- Valid professional driver’s license
- 2013 model or newer motorcycle with at least 100cc to 200cc engine displacement. Allowed brands are; Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Yamaha, SYM, Euro, and Kymco.
- Original NBI Clearance
- Original Police/Barangay Clearance
- Photocopy of OR/CR or motorcycle
- Photocopy of valid professional license (2 copies)
- Authorization letter/ deed of sale, photocopy of ID of registered owner (if the motorcycle is registered under a different person)
- Android phone version 6 or higher
- Apply as a Angkas Food delivery rider by clicking on this link https://angkas.com/become-a-biker/
GrabFood is a food delivery service that connects local food businesses to people. When customers place an order using the mobile app, GrabFood processes the order and assigns a GrabFood delivery partner to pick up the order from the restaurant. GrabFood is currently available in most areas of Metro Manila and select areas in Rizal, Cavite, Laguna, Pampanga, and Cebu. To become a GrabFood rider-partner, GrabFood requires:
- An Android or IOS smartphone with 4G capabilities
- A motorcycle in good running condition with 125cc to 155cc of displacement, at least model year 2013, with heat shield and no modifications.
- Sports motorcycles, dirt bikes, and China brands are not allowed.
- Professional Driver’s License (at least 21 days before expiration)
- NBI Clearance (at least 21 days before expiration)
- You must be between 18 to 55 years old and fit to work.
- Drug Test Result
- Police Clearance or Barangay Clearance
- You can apply by going to this link https://www.grab.com/ph/onboardingrequirements/#grabbikerrequirement
Foodpanda is a website and smartphone food delivery application that covers many cities in the Philippines. From their mobile app or website a customer can order food from more than 400 food establishments, 24 hours a day. Of course that depends upon the operating hours of the restaurant. You don’t need a motorcycle to become a Foodpanda rider. A bicycle should work for you. Here are the requirements to become a Foodpanda rider:
- IPhone 4s (or newer) or Android phone (4.2 or newer)
- Bicycle or motorcycle
- Tax Identification Number (TIN)
- You must be 18 years old and above
- You can apply by going to this link https://rider.foodpanda.ph/?utm_source=foodpanda&utm_medium=website&utm_campaign=homepagebanner&utm_content=applynow
Lalafood is a branch of the delivery service Lalamove. While Lalamove focuses on logistics, Lalafood focuses on food delivery. Lalafood is a mobile app that allows users to order food from more than 6000 establishments in 9 cities in the Philippines. The Lalafood app features a wider delivery radius, supports multiple orders, real time tracking, and no minimum orders. If you own a motorcycle, MPV, or a light truck, you can apply as a Lalafood or Lalamove Partner Rider or Driver. Here are their requirements:
- You should own a motorcycle, MPV, or light truck
- A professional driver’s license holder
- NBI Clearance
- OR/CR, deed of sale or authorization letter if you’re not the registered owner of the vehicle
- Download the Lalamove Driver App, available on Google Play Store for Android and App Store for IOS
- Register on the Lalamove Driver App
- Upload the additional requirements; photo of the plate number of the vehicle, photos of the front and side of the vehicle, your profile picture
- Attend the training and orientation
- Learn more about their application process by going to this link: https://www.lalamove.com/philippines/manila/fil/driver/lalamove-partner-driver-requirements-process-income-benefits?fbclid=IwAR1_hAkhemePtWJYzqgYWyjK24yZXoge5rhgRmUH-s2c2y5JP0y9Dt2p4ws#requirements_ng_lalamove_partner_driver