Before the outbreak of the novel coronavirus, also known as CoVid19, Suzuki Philippines launched its newest dual-purpose underbone; the Suzuki Raider J Crossover. We just came from a 500 plus kilometers ride in Mindanao using the Raider J Crossover before all hell breaks loose, so to speak. Now two weeks into the enhanced community quarantine we are still clueless if the April 15 deadline will be met, or will be extended indefinitely considering the speed, or lack thereof, of our national government in implementing the mass testing. If for some bizarre reason the CoVid19 mutates into a CoVid20 in the coming months and rapidly turns everyone into mindless walking Kokos (zombie-like creatures), here are eight reasons why the Suzuki Raider J Crossover might be the best motorcycle during a post-coronapocalypse scenario.
- Fuel Efficient – With a validated fuel efficiency of as much as 65 kilometers to a liter of fuel, the Raider J Crossover will cover vast distances with its 3.7 liters fuel tank capacity, which is especially useful when gasoline becomes scarce in a post-coronapocalypse environment. Carrying a jerry can for good measure will definitely increase range.
- Built for rough roads – Unlike other underbone motorcycles, the Suzuki Raider J Crossover is specifically designed for on and off-road environments. This feature will come in handy in a post-coronapocalypse scenario when roads would probably be littered with debris and dead bodies.
- Raider agility – This feature will definitely come in handy during your daily supply runs. The Raider J Crossover is engineered with Raider fast reflexes to effectively evade mindless walking Kokos that’s known to frequent popular supermarkets and hospitals. Wide motocross-style handlebars offer plenty of leverage for cat-like agility.
- Raider speed – With a validated top speed of 105 Km/h, the Raider J Crossover can easily outrun the fast walking Kokos.
- Semi-auto gearbox – With no clutch, this will free your left hand to hold a pistol for shooting Kokos.
- Sturdy shock absorbers – A motorcycle is practically useless in a post-coronapocalypse scenario if it can’t carry heavy loads during your supply runs. Thankfully the Raider J Crossover has thicker front forks and sturdier dual rear shock absorbers optimised for a variety of uses. Be it a machine gunner or a sack of rice, the Raider J Crossover can surely handle it.
- Lightweight – At 94 kg. the Raider J Crossover can easily be hauled into a pickup truck or into a small boat by a single person. The same can’t be said with big displacement adventure motorcycles and some dual sport bikes.
- Beautiful styling – With beautiful styling inspired by the Suzuki RM and DR enduro bikes, you will be the envy of your fellow survivors. With color-injected resin molded fairings, its color will remain vibrant for years to come, maybe even long after the coronapocalype.
The idea of a coronapocalypse is absurd and is the result of watching too many zombie movies while in quarantine. While shooting ‘Kokos’ sounds fun, staying in enhanced community quarantine indefinitely is not. So please stay at home and help stop the spread of CoVid19. We can only outride this pandemic together.